Ecolucerna is a cozy lodge that is located in the southern Amazon rainforest of Peru, next to the exuberant Tambopata National Reserve in the Madre de Dios region. Located 1 hour and 30 minutes by boat from the city of Puerto Maldonado. A place pollution-free environment that offers its visitors incredible experiences and the opportunity to meet a variety of species of birds, mammals, reptiles, insects and trees during their stay.
Ecolucerna is the result of an effort by the co-founders, who wants protect green areas, reforesting and including local populations in tourism industry.
In 2006, we began a project to concession an area in the upper side of the national reserve of Tambopata, having serious difficulties, but we were faithful to the cause and get the contract in 2012, however 6 months later this contract was canceled by our government due to social conflicts.
So we decided to change strategies and buy a private area and then expand the territory through concessions. The current location of EcoLucerna has a private area and is complemented by concessions.
We opened doors on 2018 and thanks to the great experience of the staff, the reviews through our travelers, we were able to expand and resist the blow of the pandemic.
Ecolucerna Lodge now a days is very active supports for activities that involve local populations in the programs, educate them constantly and are part of the social projects.
Our minimalist and rustic concept allows us to offer you a totally safe environment wich is builded in armony with the forest.
We have a total of 10 fully independent rustic cabins with 180 ° views of the forest and outdoor gardens. The main dining, bar, co-working area – hammak house and much more.
GRAND CAYMAN DINING
A large space to enjoy your meals, enjoy drinks from the bar, or spend a pleasant time with your friends.
The meals in Ecolucerna are a selected regime so that you can taste all the regional dishes and their exotic ingredients from our pantry, which is supplied from the native farm, totally organic and healthy for everyone.
CAYMAN SEDIENTO BAR
Available with a selection of drinks and beers that accompany your moment with pleasant music.
Do you have work pending?
Do not disconnect from them and have a good time in our coworking room implemented with a work table, electrical connection, internet and an exceptional view while your work.
Now you can rent our space for days, weeks or months. Have a quality time for work and dedicate yourself to activities such as photography, excursions, reforestation, teach English classes to our collaborators and more!
Now in Ecolucerna you can find alternative activities that complement your social spirit.
ADODT A TREE
Adopt a tree or plant in danger of extintion, put the name of and do not lose connection with this part of the planet that calls itself the lung of the world.
Our social program of free collaboration takes you to the plant-nursery and you choose one (you can order it in advance in your reservation if you have a special request). During your stay, you will choose the name and sign an adoption contract to ensure its survival. This is SERIOUS, our team will report to you as many times as you require with photographic evidence of the progress of the new member of your family.
Don’t cut the reforestation chain and join our cause.
WHY TRAVEL WITH US
- We have a highly professional team, with more than 40 years of experience in monitoring tourist activity in the area.
- Qualified staff that guarantees a unique experience from the moment you contact us.
- We have a reservation team, who will advise you to make the best decision and itineraries to enjoy with friends or family during your visit to the Tambopata national reserve
- We have a biosafety and control plan for covid19
- We have our own boat and transport
- We are direct operators and with our own logistics that allows us to give certain flexibility in the programs
- Our outdoor excursions are guaranteed with various mechanisms that mitigate risks, also we have plans for evacuation in case of emergency.
- We have a certified and totally ecological infrastructure
- With your visit, you are participating in a value chain that benefits for many families in the area and contributing to their sustainable development, through your visits them or be part of our social-ecological projects.