Day 01: Arrival – Walking in the rain forest
The journey begins when you arrive in Puerto Maldonado, where your tour guide awaits for you and have a boat trip along the Madre de Dios River to Ecolucerna Lodge (approximately 1 ½ hrs downstream). Upon arrival you will enjoy a tasty lunch made from organic and native ingredients. After lunch you will take a walk through the trails, where you will discover and learn about the primary and secondary forest, its components, uses, man-made transformations, and its relevance to the world. This walk will end at
night where you will have the opportunity to observe the behavior of the nocturnal flora and fauna of the Amazon. Returning to the Lodge, you will enjoy a restorative traditional dinner.
- Meals: Lunch and dinner
Dia 02: Sandoval & Safari caiman at night
Today you will have a day of many emotions, after having a nutritious breakfast, you will get ready for a walk along the Tambopata National Reserve, which will lead you to Lake Sandoval. Here you will understand why Madre de Dios is known as the capital of Peru’s biodiversity. You will learn about the conservation work of the Reserve and about the formation of the lake, navigating by canoe through this water mirror, home to the endangered giant otter, the blue and yellow macaw, and one of the freshwater fish largest in the
world “El Paiche”.
At night you will have an interesting night excursion, you will navigate the Madre de Dios River, to know its ecosystem, Amazonian streams, the behavior of the nocturnal fauna on the banks of the river. Our day ends with a traditional dinner in the dining room.
- Food: Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Dia 03: Sunrise in the Amazon Transfer to Puerto Maldonado
This morning you will have free time to enjoy the sunrise and capture the impressive views of the Madre de Dios River. You will enjoy a last nutritious breakfast with organic ingredients from our pantry before leaving. Your guide and the staff in charge will bid you farewell and appreciate your visit to this part of the Amazon.
You will travel by canoe back to Puerto Maldonado. According to your flight departure time, you can relax and quietly wait for your flight home or to your next destination.
- Food: Breakfast.
The program includes
- Transportation from Airport – Lodge – Airport
- Welcome drink
- 02 nights of accommodation in a private cabin
- Excursions described according to the program
- 02 breakfasts, 02 lunches, 02 dinners
- Tea time in the dining room “Hungry Cayman”
- River transportation on all excursions.
- Official guide in Spanish / English throughout your stay
- Rubber boots in case of rain
- Safety life jacket for everyone in the boat.
- Mineral water available in the dining room
- Comprehensive travel assistance.
The program does NOT include
- Entrance ticket to the Tambopata National Reserve (USD15)
- Alcoholic beverages and bar consumption
- Extra passenger expenses